Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

RAM - the deluxe edition

The beautiful, warm sun is finally shining over London town and all this heat has put me in a particularly happy and wholesome mood. This generally amounts to dancing in my kitchen while I cook up a feast for me and R and tonight the soundtrack was Paul and Linda McCartney's 1971 album RAM.


It was the first album released following the break up of the Beatles, written at the couple's farm in Scotland on the Mull of Kintyre, and has just been reissued in a particularly luxe guise.

I've never been one for limited editions, but this has totally won me over. Partly, because of my soppy nature and ability to find romance in almost anything with two halves, and partly because of the silliness and fun the couple clearly had recording these tracks. 



Sigh. A photo album of sheep, a scrapbook, the uncut story of RAM, photo prints from the album's recording, a documentary, t-shirt. And more. Unfortunately at £100, this one will have to stay in my dreams. If you're reading Sir Paul, how about some limited edition prints?


Megan xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis