Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

The future

It's amusing to watch people react to our decision to move out of London. As if leaving London means disconnecting from the epicentre of all life. Yesterday, the bubble finally burst and my intentions and motivations connected.

Most people assume we want to slow down, grow up. Actually people, that's not it at all. If anything we want to keep life moving. Personally, I've always struggled with settling. Between leaving my family home and moving into our one-bed apartment I've lived in 9 different houses. And as my mother kindly highlighted recently, have clocked up an impressive 5 different jobs since graduating. 

Moving from London is just the next adventure - a chance to try something new. And more importantly it's a chance for us to buy our first home.

Perhaps I should let the master (my all time favourite) D.H. Lawrence explain:
"I got the blues thinking of the future, so I left off and made some marmalade. It's amazing how it cheers one up to shred orange and scrub the floor."

M xo

P.S. Check out R's latest homemade loaf. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis